Saturday, May 13, 2017

Medical Update

I went to the University of Maryland Transplant Center at the end of April for a preliminary interview or more accurately, interviews for the transplant process. This week I began the follow-up tests at my primary physician's office and at Gettysburg Hospital. I still a few more tests to go through. I really cannot say how I am feeling about the process. After not getting approval at the previous assessment at Pinnacle Health in Harrisburg, I'm just taking it one day and one test at a time.

I didn't think I would go through with it again but after Dr. Ayolo indicated that I should try U of MD, Dr. Miller stated that I had nothing to lose, and my problems with the graft since the beginning of February, I needed to look at the transplant option.

I will know the decision of the iU of MD transplant committee in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment