Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

I'm in New York again for the Thanksgiving holiday. I left Gettysburg on Tuesday evening. I would have left at noontime but I had to wait for the plumber to arrive for a problem I was having. I missed the rush hour in Harrisburg as well as the rush hour in New York. The only problem I had was finding a parking space in Brooklyn...After circling for 30 minutes, I found a spot.

On Thanksgiving day, I preached and presided at Epiphany Lutheran. It is always a pleasure to return to my home congregation. Afterward I stopped at Jesus Joy where the congregation was feeding people from the community. They advertise throughout the community. What an outreach!

In the latter part of the afternoon, we had dinner with my Aunt Dot at her home. We had a good time talking and laughing. Afterward, we (Jeanie, Robert and I) went to Ricky and Terri (my cousin and his wife) just to visit. It was good to see their young adult sons (Martez and Marric) who are both in college.

Thanksgiving now, is not like the Thanksgiving days when our grandparents were alive and the whole family gathered in their home, however, we continue to keep in touch and talk to one another. I am certainly thankful for family, good friends, and another year of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment