Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

This is a quiet day here in Brooklyn, New York where I am with my sister and brother-in-law. I continue to reflect on the season. I presided at the Christmas Eve eucharist at Epiphany Lutheran Church.  Robert Gahagen, the pastor of the church and a good friend preached. His sermon pinpointed all that has happened locally and globally, the issues in the news and yet he reminded us that it is Christmas. Jesus, God incarnate, comes into the midst of what we hear and experience.

It is always good to return to Brooklyn. It is returning to my spiritual roots as I was nurtured in the faith at Epiphany. Many of the people I knew are now in the church triumphant but what they demonstrated in their lives as church men and women of God are still with me and the others who grew up in the parish.

Hodie Christus natus est!

No comments:

Post a Comment