Sunday, June 10, 2012

Reflecting on 39 years

Today is my 39th anniversary of ordination. On 10 June 1973 I was ordained by the Metropolitan Synod of the Lutheran Church in America to the Office of Word and Sacrament. The ordination took place at Epiphany Lutheran Church, my home congregation in Brooklyn, New York. I have been blessed to have a variety of experiences in the church since that time. My first call was as co-pastor to the three Lutheran parishes on St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands. I had specific responsibilities in Christian education, youth, and social ministry. My second call was in Cleveland, Ohio at Advent Lutheran Church. These two calls prepared me for my present call as Professor of Christian/Religious Education at the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg. I have served at the seminary since 1987. I have been blessed by and thankful for the experiences and encounters with people within and outside of the church. Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment